Precious Hearts began in August of 2004. Since that time, we have ministered to many women and their children by offering support, providing events, retreats, and practical teachings with an interwoven theme towards Spiritual Growth.
Isaiah 43:4 “Because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you”.
As Precious Hearts continued, we realized our lack of capturing the growing population of teenage moms. In 2010 we began another ministry opportunity for these younger moms. Young Moms . . . being Real continues to provide support to moms 23 and under. This is a safe place for young moms to gather with others their age to share their joys, fears and frustrations along with doing creative activities and learning valuable life skills.
Our Future Home
It was early on in ministry to the single mom that God gave the vision for Moms Haven of Hope. The need for affordable housing quickly became apparent one evening when 4 of the 5 moms present were homeless by today’s definition.
Moms Haven of Hope’s vision is one that embraces the mother and her children by providing affordable housing, while achieving economic self-sufficiency, support services, mentoring, child development services and life skills training. The end goal is a self-sufficient single mother with advanced life skills and spiritual growth who will be able to provide a loving, nurturing and positive environment for her children.
The objectives for Mom’s Haven of Hope are as follows:
- To secure and sustain a residence for first time single mothers and their child in Anoka County in 2017.
- To educate single mothers regarding available and existing support services.
- To conduct one-on-one mentoring for the enrichment of life skills and spiritual growth.
- To offer parenting education and financial management.
- To create a safe, stable environment for the children of single mothers.